Xiled Gaming Network Code of Conduct
(Updated March 2017)
1. All Xiled Gaming Network members are expected to read and follow the XGN Code of Conduct, XGN Polices, Xbox Live terms of service, and must uphold the Code of Conduct at all times.
2. Members must respect other gamers, this includes members and nonmembers. XGN does not condone violations of the (CoC) of any kind. This includes (but is not limited to), discrimination based on race, age, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or any other personal interest, or investment. All members are entitled to a professional level of fairness. You may not be intimidated “in any way”. This is strictly enforced.
3. Never leave a fellow XGN member behind. Do not leave a game with fellow members because you are losing or not playing well. This is considered “leaving a man behind” and includes, meetings, game nights, tournaments, and etc.
4. Poaching is not permitted. The act of coaxing a member from another clan or community, including a fellow member of XGN, for recruitment purposes is strictly prohibited. NOTE: offerings and/or promises for membership participation is considered (Profit to stay) and is also strictly prohibited. Additionally, recruits may not be recruited into XGN within 30 days of previous membership of any gamer community, or clan including XGN.
5. XGN members take pride in their membership, and are encouraged, (but not required) to change their gamertag/name to reflect XGN. It is ONLY a requirement to place XGN in your gamertag in order rank up past Master Sergeant, and it must always be in caps. If you delete your profile or bio this is the same as quitting. If this occurs, you have 24 hours to replace this in order to come back as if nothing happened. If after 24 hours you want to come back to XGN, you must start over as a new member.
6. Your Xbox Live profile settings, including MOTTO, NAME, LOCATION, and BIO, must be visible at all times so other members of XGN can authenticate you as an actual member. All members must know the security question(s), and their answers within 30 days of joining XGN.
7. The minimum age requirement to join XGN is 15 years of age. However, younger players may join an XGN junior squad at 13 years of age. NOTE: Members under 17 years of age are subject to a “ONE STRIKE POLICY”. For members 18 years old and above, there is a “Three Strike Policy” and will be subject to the severity of the infraction.
8. All XGN members are entitled to the “OPEN DOOR POLICY”. The “Open Door Policy” in its essence, is an opportunity to go to a higher-ranking member with a problem which can’t be resolved within their immediate chain of command. Members are expected to follow the chain of command, and report to leadership directly above their rank at all times. The Open Door Policy is not an invitation to join staff meetings, nor an invitation to join, or be in a party of higher ranking members without permission. For example; While a Senior Director may “decide” to be in a party with Corporals, any problems said Corporals may have on a squad level, must first go up his chain of command. Additionally if while in a party, if said Corporal brings up any problems within his/her squad with Division staff or above, they should be asked to leave the party and report to their General.
9. All XGN leaders are expected to display proper conduct, leadership skills, and a high level of professionalism at all times. No rank above Master Sergeant may be attained without passing XGN’s test for the rank. Accepting a leadership position is a choice, and more importantly a privilege, with the understanding that you may be asked to step down at any time. If you cannot handle the responsibility of the job, rank, or title, please don’t accept the position.
10. All XGN members must represent XGN in a positive and respectful manner regardless of whether they are playing games, using the Xbox Party Chat/Personal Chat system, or in any other online/offline environment. This includes but is not limited to, Hacking or “illegal console modding” of any kind.
11. XGN members are not permitted to be a part of any other clan, community, or gaming organization while in XGN. A gamer with another Clan tag in his/her gamer tag/name cannot be recruited into XGN without removal of it first. Nobody may be recruited with a gamerscore of under 1000.
12. If you are invited to a party or contacted by a higher-ranking member, you need to respond in a timely manner, as the subject matter may be urgent. If you are asked to leave a party by a senior member, you must do so immediately.
13. Any member who knowingly damages or destroys, whether unintentional or not, any material or nonmaterial assets belonging to XGN, offender(s) may be prosecuted civilly or criminally to the fullest extent of the law. This may be including reimbursement of any or all fees legal or otherwise.
14. Members should attend a minimum of 2 meetings, and 2 squad game night/workshops/sit-ins, or activity night per month. Doing this will keep the community active. If the member cannot attend, please inform your squad leaders. All members of XGN must remain active on the the XGN website, with a minimum of 2 post per month. Officers may request more participation, but members are not “required” to do more than their rank calls for.
15. All illegal activities are strictly prohibited.
DISCLAIMER: THE MANAGEMENT OF XGN HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT. IN ADDITION, THE LEADERSHIP OF XGN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF XGN MEMBERS.
Page Typed By: XGN Cadence VII