If you’ve been a part of a squad or division merge already, then you know how things are handled and experiencing it a second time is not a big deal to you. If you’ve never been a part of a division merge before, don’t panic because it’s not the end of the world. With recent releases of titles such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, Smite, and Destiny, members of Xiled Gaming Network are moving to next gen consoles Playstation 4 and Xbox One. As these members make the move to the next gen divisions, this means that divisions here on the 360 especially, are losing members. Instead of leaving members with no leadership or direction, we begin a merge.
When a merge occurs there is a lot to be done. CMS, tags, uniforms , schedule changes, it can become confusing for someone who has never been through a merge before. The great thing about going through a change like this is that you have great leadership within XGN that will help make the process go as smoothly and as quickly as possible. Your Division Leader and Director over your division will generally handle the CMS and tags, so you won’t have to worry there. As far as uniforms go, you will generally receive a message from your squad tag instructing you what you need to change your uniform to. For example, if you were in PoW you’ve been merged to DoH, so you would change PoW to DoH. Schedule changes are even easier, for the most part the day and time for your squad or division meeting could stay the same but it could also change as well. If it needs to change, your leaders will let you know through messages from tags or by telling you in person.
A division merge or a squad merge can be a new beginning for you or it can be stressful, it all depends on how you take it on. I’ve been through both of these before. The first time I experienced a merge, I had just become a General and had to merge two squads into mine, and then merge into a new division. I’m not going to lie it was a lot for me to handle for the first time, but I have a few tips that can help you.
- Don’t stress! If you stress and act like it is the worst thing to happen, you’re not going to have a good time and it could stress out other members or your leaders.
- Listen to your squad and division staff! They are here to help you, not hurt you. They have the training and knowledge to handle these things and will always put you in the right direction. If you have a question about any changes, just ask them and they will be glad to help you.
- Ask what you can do to help. It is a lot of work for the leaders to focus on to make sure the merge goes easily for their members, but ask what you can do to help at your rank to help make it easier on them as well. It will also show your leaders that you are willing to go above and beyond to help.
- Keep up your activity. Sometimes but not all with a merge, members will either leave or they will drop their activity level. Help to counteract this by keeping your activity level up, whether it be on the forums, meetings, or game nights.
- You’re not losing friends, you are gaining more! With a merge, you’re not losing any of your friends, that just means you are gaining more friends to game with! Plan more game nights with the other squads, and meet the members that you haven’t seen before.
It will be okay when all is said and done, and you’ll be back to your normal schedule of meetings and game nights. Just remember these few tips, and you’ll be good to go!
Have any questions or any tips to share yourself? Let us know in the comments!
ARTICLE BY: XGN Jessi 7